25 February 2007

So... Which Brand of Soy Sauce Should I Get?

I realised that one sign that you're growing up is when you can't decide which brand of household product you should get. I went out shopping to get some essentials for my dorm. I had to get things like tissue paper, tupperware, cooking oil and all those other grocery needs.

So I was standing infront of the cooking oil isle and was thinking "hmm.. I should get this brand cuz the bottle looks tough and it won't break easily.. but wait.. that brand's cheaper... but hold on... that brand has a smaller bottle so I won't waste it if I don't finish it...oh look... the label for that brand is sooo cute...". It went on (in my head of course) for quite a while. Once I've decided which brand of cooking oil to get, I moved on to the poultry section... and once again, the conversation started in my head. It went on and on until I got everything I needed. What was expected to be a half an hour trip to the supermarket turned out to be an hour and a half. Where did all the time go?? O_O

Once you start to debate with yourself which brand of a simple product you should get, that's when you start to realise that 'adulthood' just smacked you in the forehead. Things aren't as simple as they seem anymore. Everything has consequences. You start to think about whether this will be more beneficial to you, or if it would help you save money, or if the salesperson will smirk at you for getting the cheapest of everything you bought. Adulthood is hard.

But anyway, I made 'stir-fried chicken with broccoli' for dinner today. I know it's nothing special but it's the first time I made a dish all by myself, something that requires more than boiling water! So I'm proud... and yes! it's edible!! -_-'

doesn't it look goooooood??? HUHUHU

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:14 PM

    yeah, yesterday when i went to the supermarket, i was contemplating which brand of mirin to buy too...i finally got the small kikoman bottle, 'cuz i thought, "you can't go wrong with kikoman"...well, apparently, you can...it cost me 245 baht for the damn bottle!! and i didn't even use it yet! *must find recipe that requires mirin*

    ReplyDelete