17 February 2007

Angel at Siam Ocean World

I don't mean ME, of course... HAHAHAHA

On Sunday February 11, 2007, me and my beloved went to Siam Ocean World for the first time. So.. I won't bore you people with pictures/stories about those fishes and sharks. BUT what I wanted to tell you guys about is that there were these creatures called "Sea Angels".

I honestly didn't know what to expect when they said that their 'star of the month' were sea angels. So I was walking around expecting a big display fit for a 'star'. But there were no banners or anything! and if I didn't have overheard a family asking each other whether they have seen the sea angels or not, I would have forgotten all about it. Turns out that sea angels are tiny!! and VERY HARD to capture on camera!!!! They kept moving around!!! The following pictures are the clearest ones that I can take of them. I had to stand near the tank for almost half an hour, trying to take the pictures and not budging even when there were people on the other side trying to do the same thing..HAHA.

After almost an hour of trying to take the pictures, with SOMEONE telling me to stop trying (he said 'you won't be able to take the pictures cuz your camera SUX!' CHEH!!!!), I eventually stopped. That's when I saw that there was a banner next to the tank with a BIG and CLEAR picture of the sea angel on it... -_-
Anyhow, they may look small but you know how they eat??? "the Sea Angel hunts down the victim snaring them with specialized mouth tentacles. Once trapped, the prey is ripped from its shell with sharp hooks and swallowed whole.*" ICK!

So.. that's what it's supposed to look like. From what I saw in the tank it looks more like a monkey with an orange vest -_-. Anyway, did you know the biggest sea angel grew up to only 5cm??? O_O Could it be possible that I was derived from a LONG line of sea angels??? Is that the reason for my stunted growth??? HAHAHA

*Information from Siam Ocean World.

3 comments:

  1. no.. u're apparently descended from a cross-bred line of gnomes and dwarves. good thing u lost the dwarves' beard. HAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:50 AM

    Never Been there loey va.. It cha Jung/Oil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:08 AM

    hahaha...the angels are cute!

    ReplyDelete