16 March 2007

Should I Be Happy?

The professor in one of my classes loves thailand and he used to live and teach in thailand for a while. His knowledge of thailand is extremely impressive, he even know some stuff that I don't!!! So... being the only thai student in the class has its (dis)advantage (?). His examples in class are mostly about thailand and he often single me out to ask if i knew what he was talking about.

We had to make a presentation on a case study as part of a group assignment. Obviously, my case study has nothing remotely related to thailand. Makes sense, no? But today, we just found out that two members of the other group dropped the course, leaving only one person for that group. So he asked if it would be ok for me to do that case instead of the one I originally have, and he assigned me to that case.... which is related to thailand. Being a person who thinks WAY TOO MUCH, I wonder.... does he expect anything more from me? I mean he made it clear in the beginning that he didn't want me to do the case related to thailand, so why give it to me now? SOMEONE said that it's good that he has expectations cuz that would mean that I DID something good and so it's EXPECTED that I should do something good. BUT, my pessimistic side rise up and I thought... maybe it's because I'm not good enough so he gave me a case that he assumed was easier for me, to help with my performance?? urg! i hate this.

so.. what you think???

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:57 AM

    i think you think too much...too much free time?

    ReplyDelete