11 March 2007

Because I'm A Girl

I'm refering to a song by a female Korean group singer called 'Kiss'. 'Because I'm A Girl' is the name of their hit song in 2002. I've seen the music video a long time ago and I LOVE it. yah yah... I'm a romantic at heart. Anyway, so I asked Jessica (my Korean housemate) to translate the song for me. I'm sure there are other translations on the net, but I just feel it's more 'authentic' coming from a native...hehe...

'Because I'm A Girl' - Kiss

It's impossible to understand what goes on in a guy's heart
You told me that you wanted me and now that i've given you everything,
you tell me you're leaving
You told me that it was the first time you felt this way,
and said that i was special
I believed you ... and it was my happiness

(chorus) you should have told me that your feelings have faded
i had no idea, and i continued to depend on you
(chorus 2) although i say i hate you now, i'll be missing you
because i'm a girl, to whom love is everything


they say that when you give a guy all he wants he quickly gets bored
and now i know that's the truth
and although i tell myself i'll never be tricked by love again
i fell in love, and my heart is broken again...

(chorus) (chorus 2)
(chorus 3) please don't break the heart of a girl who will do anything for love...i didn't know that love is so difficult to give and get back
(girl narration) today we broke up. you told me to meet someone better than you and be happy. you're just like all the other guys. what happened to when you told me that you loved me? honestly, i don't want you to be happy. what am i going to do if you really forget about me? i'm in so much pain, more pain than i can bare. because i'm still in love with you
(chorus 3) (chorus 2)
(guy narration) there is someone that i'm in love with. although i can't be with her now, i'm still in love with her.


OK... so it would make more sense if you've actually seen the music video... And from the lyrics, it doesn't sound like a romantic song huh? But it is!!! Go see it for yourself... there are loads posted on YouTube!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:53 AM

    everytime i watch this MV, i always cry

    ReplyDelete