14 August 2010

Your Lucky Charm

I believe I am your lucky charm.  If not for the superstitious reason itself then for the fact that I know I can help you grow and reach your goals faster than anyone else.

When I was with you the only thing I focused on was you.  In uni, I read articles and summarized them for you.  I helped you research for your assignments.  After work, I hurry back home to make you dinner.  I even use some of my time at the office helping you with your job.  My career was not even close to being a priority.  Not that I minded, in fact, I loved it.  I love that you rely on me.  I love that I can participate in that part of your world.  I was more than willing to be a supporter to your growth.

While I was focusing on helping you grow your career, while you were out meeting important people and learning from them, I was at home doing everything else that would make our house a home for both of us.  I was missing out on opportunities for my personal growth.  But now that you're not here, it's a different story.  I am having dinner with VP's, meeting Regional Directors, and the Country MD of a massive global company values my opinion.  Looking at the situation, you're the one who's missing out.

I am the only one who would sacrifice my own progression to help you grow.  Without me you're just a scambling of thoughts with no direction and never would be even half as successful as you could ever be.

You used to say we make a great team.  Too bad you've lost a crucial part of that team, me, the person who believes in you the most.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:45 AM

    i'm glad you're focusing on your growth and progression little J. You know you mean loads to me and loads of people, and i'm glad your career is under way!

    -k

    ReplyDelete