27 August 2010

me old(er)

at the stroke of midnight last night, my phone started beeping.  it was the sound of my facebook notification as my friends send their wishes for my birthday.  then i started thinking.... remember when those wishes were sent through short messages instead of an online social networking site?  it felt so long ago.....

i realized i've grown so much in the past year, and i realized how lucky i am to be so blessed with the people i am surrounded by.

i have great parents who've supported me no matter what my decisions were.  great younger brother, who at times act like an older brother.  great friends who've helped me through the most heartbreaking moments in my life.  great colleagues who've made me feel so welcomed wherever i was.

so as i shed my last tears at the age of 27 last night, i realized although my heart is still in pain, my life is pretty good right now.  i hope it is only the beginning of my happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:51 AM

    i'm really glad lilJ!

    glad you are at a good spot, it can only get better!

    ps. personally i prefer cards (real physical ones) but yeah, amazing how we got email then sms then fb huh?

    -k

    ReplyDelete