17 July 2009

Educational System

I recently attended my company induction(after 5 months of working here) and through one of the presentations, somehow the presenter ended up talking about the education system.

He said that American education system tends to teach you the broader view, while British education system is more specialized. Hence, people who've studied under the British system all their life would potentially have a more specialized skill.

I've studied under British system during my high school years, AND American system during my bachelor degree... BUT... I was also under the Thai education system during my primary school years, PLUS Australian system during master's degree...

SO.... what does that make me???

A perpetually confused individual O_O

2 comments:

  1. We're the "worldly" kind of people; our education is based on the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:15 PM

    in HK there's a saying for people who don't do well at school but did well in society, 'Society university-educated'.

    -k

    ReplyDelete