21 September 2006

COUP COUP COUP!!!

It was such a big night for Thailand on tuesday (Sept 19th). I was freaked out!!!

At first I didnt know anything about it. I was blatantly being depressed at the dorm and then *ring*ring* I got a phone call that tells me there are military tanks rolling around in Bangkok. And then I turned on the tv and saw nothing but the special documentary about the King, and I was so confused and scared. Later I found out that there was a Coup D'etat!!! So I tried calling my family members and couldnt get through. Tried calling my dad, but he was at the airport and his phone was off. Tried calling my brother, but his phone was busted and he wasnt at the dorm. Then I called my mom, and thank God the phone wasnt jammed.

Anyhow, I guess everything is back to normal now. Normal being traffic jams and people walking on the streets with no fear... except that there are military men guarding the streets incase of violence. Although the news insisted that this is the end, but of course there are still doubts in the people's mind. Wait til the former PM comes back... we'll see what happens then.

No comments:

Post a Comment