15 March 2008

A Kind Heart in a Crowded Train

This post was originally in my "new" blog... but since that went off in flames, I thought I shouldn't let my words go to waste... so... here's that entry... the only one I wrote for that blog -_-'
---------------------------------------------------------

A Kind Heart in a Crowded Train


I was touched this morning (emotionally, not physically -_-).


Everyone knows that morning peak hours are full of people who (probably) woke up late and trying to push themselves on the train so they won't get to the office later than they
already are. I anticipated this morning to be no different.

Oh, how wrong I can be!!!


Upon boarding the train, I was standing right behind an old lady. One look at her tells me this:
Her mission - to get in the train unharmed Destination - an empty seat She courageously pushed her way inside the train but was blocked by people who got in before her. She seeped in between the people looking for an empty seat. When she was about to walk up (or down) the stairs to continue her search, a man in shorts and a t-shirt got up and offered her his seat...

I was touched~ I saw it all happen... there is still goodness in the world!!!
When the world starts to look darker than muddy water, a small act of kindness like this erased all that is wrong with the world in my eyes. I was overwhelmed by a sense of serenity, an intense calmness washes over me and transports me to a perfect world...............


...............until someone elbowed me on the back and i was brought back to reality -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment