01 July 2007

Coffee, Tea or Babycino?

Before I came to Sydney, I didn't realize that McDonald's also has a cafe. So when I saw McCafe in Aussieland I was excited. HEY! don't judge me! I'm only human. I get excited at things like that...>.<

Anyway, so .. McCafe... First, something about me and cafes. I like cafes, I like being there and relaxing, watching the world go by. I like the smell of coffee, but I can't drink too much coffee cuz it gives me headaches. I'm more of a tea person. But on that faithful day that I happen to plonk myself on a stool at McCafe near university, I was not in the mood for tea (or coffee). I would be happy just to sit there basking in the warmth of a heater, but that was not to be, my friends wouldn't let that happen. After much protest, they purchased a babycino for me. AHA! I know you're wondering 'what the hell's a babycino??'. Let me en light you...

A 'babycino' is a fancy name for 'hot milk' -_-'... that's it. It's basically hot milk with froth and sprinkle of chocolate. If you're starting to wonder why such fanciness for something so simple.. it's because it's a scam!!!! It's a way for parents to spoiled their little brats. The cup is small AND it's not cheap. The price is probably marked up by 200% just because it's in a branded cup.

My oh my~ what is the world turning to when a caffeine induced venue starts to target the young ones?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 AM

    at first i thought it was a small cup of cappucino...hahaha, but babycino suits you!

    they just opened the first branch of mccafe in bkk too, at esplanade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with p'jup there...
    i thought it was a small cup of cappu but this is really, and unfortunately, capitalism at its peak. have to admit it's an excellent marketing idea.

    but they will NEVER EVER get my money for that hot milk babycino! why? i hate hot milk. it always makes me wanna throw up (gross) and i dunno why..

    ReplyDelete