22 April 2007

Shake Your Groove Thing.. YEAH YEAH (>.<)

When I first started writing this post, I thought I should name it "Pritsanee vs. Priscilla".

Somehow that idea didn't go through because
1.) I am not a drag queen
2.) I am not queen of the desert, or the mountain, or the river
and 3.) I know I just can't compete with the divas in 'Priscilla: Queen of the Desert'.
The lady in blue looks MUCH scarier when viewed from
the top. There was a contest where you can win yourself
the blue frock and a trip to Ayes Rock, AU

I recently went to see 'Priscilla: Queen of the Desert: The Musical' at the Lyric Theatre, Star City, Sydney AU. It was AMAZING!! I really loved it. It was funny, colourful, and touches the raw emotions of the heart. I mean it's not just about drag queens performing their way to their destination. But it's about being accepted into the community as your true self. It touches on issues of belongingness, personal responsibilities, loss... and most importantly... LOVE.

The production of the musical was spot on, the costumes were amazing, every detail of the musical shows how much attention they really put together to make it perfect. And it really was perfect!!! If you ever have a chance to see it, you REALLY should. It's one of the best musicals I've ever seen (so I haven't seen many.. but still one of the best... so far.. hehehe).

The cast was awesome! Especially the 3 main divas. Tony Seldon, who plays Bernadette, was so good with erm.. his? her? expressions that I almost cried when s/he cried. Jeremy Stanford, who plays Mitzi, can really portray a confused father image. And Daniel Scott, who plays Felicia, was so pretty and daring that makes me wish I have at least a quarter of his/her confidence. All three of them can really sing and shake their booty better than some real girls.

Oh... and I may be off the line here.. but I think Daniel Scott (the s/he who plays 'Felicia') is really HOT!!! hahaahhaha... I have a crush on a drag queen *blush*