30 June 2009

Thai Life Insurance

It's difficult to create an ad knowing that you only have a maximum of 90 seconds to make an impact on the viewer. It's even harder to sustain the same effect throughout the different versions of the ad.

Thai Life Insurance series of TV ads really excelled at leaving an impact. The first time I saw their ad was when they came out with "Daddy" version of the TVC. This was first aired in 2006 - and it still stuck with me to this day.



It's so simple, isn't it? They've captured the essence of family life and how important it is to spend time with those near and dear to you.

There are many other versions within the same ad series, but another one that really stuck with me is the "My Son" version. The first time I saw this ad, I was with a friend. At that time I was living in Bangkok and she came over to my place after work to watch a soap opera (due to traffic, driving home at that hour would mean her missing the soap opera). Anyway, during the commercial break, we were laughing at another ad until this one comes on. We did not know what it would be about but because of the music, and because we've seen the "Daddy" version a gazillion times, we know it has to be another Thai Life Insurance ad. Imagine the change of mood. From LAUGHING so hard we can't breath, to CRYING so hard we can't breath.



Other versions of the series include:

No comments:

Post a Comment