19 December 2006

is it REALLY christmas??

Since it's almost Christmas, I thought that I should start spreading the joy. So.. I'll start that by showing pictures of Christmas trees on display in Thailand. Well.. I'll be showing only 3 or 4 trees cuz I didnt get around to the other ones.

The following trees are displayed in the shopping center area. And I only chose to take pictures of the weird trees. And I took the liberty of naming the trees myself. So here goes....

Title: The Angel That Got Killed By Credit Cards

Can you see the credit cards stuck to the angel's body at the bottom??? This tree is located in front of a high class department store, I'm thinking it's a sign. Shop there during this time and you'll be killed by credit cards just like that angel! And what's with the shape of the angel tree?? Looks more like a dude on stilts about to topple over.

Title: Caged Pink Army Man

Ok, so this picture is tilted... that's because I couldn't fit the tree in the viewfinder and I can't move backwards anymore. haha. I wonder if this tree has anything to do with the new military school movie that just came out. But either way it looks bad.

Title: In The Mind Of A Teenager

This tree is in a shopping center popular amongst teenagers. See how complicated the graphics on the tree is? And that girl with black hair on the tree? I swear my face was permanently like that when I was a teenager. Maybe my face is still like that now. One day I'll move beyond that phrase in life.

Title: Reused Crystals

Last year there was a big buzz about the cost and the design of this tree. It's located next to one of the biggest department store that house LOTS of brand name products. It was rumored that this tree was over 10 million baht (or maybe less... i forget things like that after a year. but it was in the millions)!!!! I guess they want to get their money's worth by using the same tree again this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they use it again next year. And HEY, if they can reuse the tree, I can reuse the picture. (this picture was taken last year, by the way)

Anyway, that's it.

These trees are located in shopping areas. I wonder why the trees in front of hotels are so pretty and perfect. But I guess they wouldn't want to drive away people, or scare them when they come back to the hotel during the night. Trees in Thailand are not all bad. There are many beautiful trees. There's this one tree that was supposed to be a big buzz this year. It's located in front of the newly renovated department store. It's rumored to be the biggest tree in South East Asia!!! Although, I think it would look better if the background wasn't construction workers and debris.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:52 PM

    the caged pink army men tree is ugly...looks so lonely and...deprived

    ReplyDelete